Thursday, October 16, 2008

13 favorite Einstein quotes



I must confess I have a crush on Albert Einstien lol don't tell my husband. He was smart, not just book-smart but a wisdom that was, and to me still is, amazing. When I am upset about something reading through some of his quotes always helps me get a better perspective. And to top it off he is funny! Who could ask more from a man? Below are a few of my favorite quotes from him. I had a difficult time narrowing it down to the thirteen. I think they are a good group that shows all sides *g*

1."A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

2."Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

3."Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

4."Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."

5."If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

6."Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

7. "A person starts to live when he can live outside himself."

8. "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

9. A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new.

10. Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.

11. As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.

12. I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

13. If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.

And two bonus quotes.
There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

Thanks for stopping by~
Mo


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



1 comment:

Rynth said...

4 of Einstein quotes is already make 24/7 day great!! And I like all the quotes it really really inspire me.. beautiful post!!!!
Procrastination Free Living